Write-n-Cite allows you to access your RefWorks account from within Microsoft Word. This makes creating in-text citations and bibliographies using RefWorks fairly simple.
First, you will need to download and install Write-n-Cite to your computer. Follow the directions accourding to your machine.
Now you are ready to get started using Write-n-Cite (WNC)!
- Start by open Word. If you are using a PC you will find WNC under Add-Ins. For Mac users, open WNC from View then Toolbars.
- If it is your first time using Write-n-Cite on your computer, you will need to copy and paste the Login Code OR you can login with the Group Code (RWULaVerne) and your username and password.
- The Write-n-Cite toolbar should appear.
- You will now be able to view your references and folders, by clicking on the Insert Citations icon.
- Work on your paper. As you are ready to include in-text citations, click the Insert Citations icon and select the reference. These will then be stored in the recent citation dropdown. You can enter mulitple citations at once.
- When you are ready to add a bibliography of the references included thus far in your paper, click on the Create Bibliography icon in the toolbar.
- You need to proofread the citations to make any changes necessary to the formatting.