When you have items that you want to add to your RefWorks database, but can't find online in an article database or other resource, you can manually add a new reference.
Follow these steps:
- Log into RefWorks
- Click on the + icon
- Select Create New Reference
- This will open a form for you to fill out. You can either add the file of the article, and RefWorks will automatically add the information (you need to proofread this!) OR you can fill out the form.
- Select the type of reference you are adding. By selecting Journal Article or Book or etc. it will change the fields available in the form.
- Note on the fields: There are many more than you actually have to fill out. Make sure you fill out essential information depending on the type of reference, such as title, author, journal title, publisher, publication date, etc.
- After filling out the form, click Save in the top right corner.